Data and Analytics for People Professionals
Discover how to effectively use data and analytics to inform decisions and measure the impact of your work.
Data and analytics is a hot topic and is becoming increasingly crucial in order to understand organisational insights and influence business decisions.
In this course, you will examine practical case studies on how to effectively use analytics in your organisation so you can demonstrate the value of your people function. You will benefit from advice and guidance from a leading expert in the field and have the chance to pose your very own questions in an interactive environment.
This highly practical course is informed by the latest CIPD research and aligned to the Profession Map.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
In this course, you will:
- describe analytics and its value
- demonstrate the link between processes and business outcomes
- define the analytics process / scientific method
- establish buy in and recognition for projects with the right data approach
- embed a culture of evidence-based decisions in your department and business
- build a dashboard that demonstrates your business value to investors.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is designed for people professionals across all levels. Interested parties may include HR personnel: generalists, training and development, talent management, organisational development, and workforce planning analysts.
I want to put my team on this course
Data and analytics are increasingly important when it comes to establishing how your people function contributes to business outcomes. Ensure your people teams can effectively use data and analytics effectively to demonstrate their value to your organisation or investors.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- have meaningful evidence-based conversations with stakeholders
- develop an analytics mindset that focuses on outcomes for yourself and others
- better align projects to wider business activity using data to support your approach
- apply a structured approach to gathering and utilising data that boosts credibility
- ask the right questions to support initiatives that solve business problems
- call upon dashboard information to inform your progress and decisions
- add value and develop your analytics capability through insight
- secure budget, support, trust and expand successful programmes
- measure the impact of your work and the value added
- increase your discipline and knowledge that enables you to focus on relevant investigations and actionable conclusions
- prioritise requests according to the value it will create for the organisation
- know where data comes from and extract, manipulate, and analyse relevant information
- present back confidently answering the initial question, problem, or hypothesis
- use graphs and graphics in your storytelling approach
- collect a range of data that influences and drives change
- segment data and highlight correlations.
This course is delivered virtually over a 2-week period. Each day has 4 hours of facilitated online learning and a week apart to help retention and application of what is covered. An estimated 6 to 8 hours of self-directed learning is recommended for the duration of the course.
It will cover the following topics:
- Analytics: what is it?
- Links & outcomes
- Process & Methods
- Buy in & recognition
On completion, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.