Data and Analytics for People Professionals Essential Insights
Discover how data and analytics can be used to support informed and effective business decisions.
Free for CIPD members and Core Learning Subscribers.
People analytics is key to the success of your organisation. It involves the analysis of data relating to people in your organisation so you can make better informed decisions and support the solving of organisational problems.
This course will explore the key considerations in data analytics, in the context of the people profession, and support you to be able to ask relevant questions when engaging with people analytics specialists. Using workplace examples that you will be able to relate and apply to your own organisation it provides the basis to support further learning on the topic.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
Members, this course is included as part of your membership. Please access your free learning here.
In this course, you will:
- describe what people analytics is and its importance
- explain the areas of people analytics
- articulate the ways in which effective people analytics impacts organisational performance
- identify ethical considerations in the context of people analytics
- describe the stages of a people analytics project.
Is this course right for me?
This course is ideal for those looking to gain a fundamental knowledge of people analytics. Whether you work within the people profession or outside it, this course presents the key considerations and importance of data within your organisation.
Core learning subscription
Upgrade to a 12-month subscription and get so much more.
With the CIPD’s Core Learning Subscription, you can access the key learning you require at the point when you need it. Delivered fully online, new courses are added regularly, and content consistently updated to reflect changes in the profession.
|Access to this course for 12 months|
|Access to the CIPD Learning Hub for 24 months|
|All Essential Insight courses – existing and as new courses are added|
|Our eight Core Behaviours Introductory Programmes|
|15% discount on all courses|
|Book now||Book now|
Find out more about the CIPD Core Learning Subscription.
Interested in a subscription for your team? Please get in touch here.
I want to put my team on this course
This course will boost your team’s confidence to engage with people analytics specialists. Your team will quickly grasp the baseline knowledge of people analytics and be able to articulate the ways in which effective people analytics can impact the performance of your organisation.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- confidently engage with people analytics specialists
- articulate how people analytics can support and add value to your work
- know the kinds of questions to ask, challenges to be aware of and to raise, and potential opportunities created through people analytics.
This short 60–90-minute course, consists of a mix of written, video, and interactive content.
The programme covers:
- What is people analytics and why does it matter?
- What can people analytics be used for? And what shouldn’t it be used for?
- How analytics drives impact
- Ethics and people analytics
- The stages of an analytics project
- How to start and where to go next
This self-serve, online course has been designed so that you can learn at your own pace.
There is a short knowledge check at the end of the course to test yourself against the key topics. This is not a formal assessment but an opportunity to self-test and can be done multiple times.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.