Discover the fundamentals of Organisation Development, contextualise your challenges and explore a range of Organisation Development approaches to strengthen your practice.
Senior leaders rely on the skill of people professionals to drive forward strategy and transformative change to achieve key business objectives. Organisation Development is critical to strategic success within the world of work.
Whilst Organisation Development can take many forms and focus on different aspects of an organisation, the fundamentals remain the same. Professionals must look to implement a strategy that maximises value, achieves goals and advocates continual improvement within their organisation.
Designed by Meg Peppin, a key expert in the world of Organisation Development and facilitated by an industry leading practitioner, this programme provides an opportunity to explore the fundamentals of Organisation Development and the evolution of its practice. It will provide the practical knowledge you need to contextualise challenges and principles within your organisation.
Through data analysis and proven methodology, you will explore and unpick emerging challenges, opportunities for growth, and implement strategies that will unlock people potential, boost performance and support business priorities.
This tailored digital course is a blend of virtual classroom and self-directed learning, facilitated by a leading organisation development practitioner.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
As part of this programme, you will:
- define Organisation Development (ODV), key theories and characteristics, and the role of the ODV practitioner
- explain and apply the phases of ODV work
- source and analyse data to inform your work
- apply models to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness
- explain the link between data collection and analysis, and choice of intervention
- identify the role and methods of evaluation
- assess your own strengths and personal development needs within the context of the ODV role.
Is this course right for me?
Whether you’re new to Organisation Development or work as a practitioner in this area already, this course will discuss the fundamental principles of Organisation Development.
The programme will build on your current approaches and effectiveness through the successful implementation of people strategy.
I want to put my team on this course
Boost your team’s Organisation Development skills. Your people will explore the key theories and characteristics of Organisation Development and how to apply models to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness.
They’ll explore the underpinning principles of Organisation Development and how to take a systems and behavioural science-based approach to improve an organisation’s performance.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By completing this programme, you will be able to:
- explore and apply the fundamental principles and models of Organisation Development
- recognise how Organisation Development interlinks with other people profession disciplines such as HR and L&D
- identify potential challenges, opportunities and areas for change within your organisation
- undertake a health check on the effectiveness of your organisation by applying different OD techniques
- apply the techniques and behaviours required to be a credible Organisation Development practitioner.
Delivered across 2 days over a 2 week period, the course includes a series of facilitated online learning hours, interactive group-work and independent learning. You’ll have time to reflect on how practices relate to your own organisation, how to mobilise your people and deliver on your organisation’s key strategic goals and mission.
The programme will cover the following topics:
- Defining Organisation Development
- Phases of Organisation Development
- Dialogic Organisation Development
- Interventions and Evaluation
- Use of self
You’ll be sent a resource pack ahead of the sessions and will need to complete essential reading alongside the virtual classrooms. You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.